Now is the perfect opportunity to get yourself amongst nature. Our brains love to bathe in the experience of being outdoors, especially when we’re stressed. But how can you make the most of your time there? This little sensory exercise can help you bring your attention and awareness to the present moment. Enjoy.
- Start by noticing five things you can see. Take your time to linger on each one and notice the finer details about them.
- Slowly shift your awareness now to four things that you can feel.
- Next, tune into three things you can hear. How close or far away are they? Are they constant, are they soft?
- Now try noticing two things you can smell.
- Finally, finish by focusing on one thing you can taste in this moment.
Photograph: Lean Timms